Oven-roasted chickpeas coated with lots of lemon pepper flavor.
This recipe takes inspiration from an earlier baked chickpea recipe – but spices things up with zesty lemon pepper seasoning. It’s a quick and easy snack that’s both healthy and satisfies your savory cravings.
- 2 cans of chickpeas
- ~ 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp lemon pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 445.
- Put foil over a baking sheet and coat with non-stick baking spray.
- Open and drain liquid from chickpea cans. Pour chickpeas in a strainer and rinse. Use a few paper towels to dry the chickpeas. The drier they are, the crisper & crunchier they will be, so try to get them as dry as possible.
- Place chickpeas in a mixing bowl. Coat the chickpeas in baking powder and salt. Do not season them yet with anything else, or the seasonings tend to burn up.
- Place chickpeas on the foil-lined baking sheet and add to the oven.
- Cook for about 40-45 minutes, making sure to stir or toss the chickpeas halfway through to ensure even cooking. Once the time is up, take the chickpeas out and let cool.
- In a bowl, mix with lemon juice, olive oil, and rest of the seasonings. Shake the bowl up and enjoy.