An easy meal or side dish that’s literally made of beans, bean, and more beans…. among other things.
Now that I’ve started my new job, I’ve started thinking more about meal prep and what to bring for lunch. I wanted something quick to make on Sunday nights, something affordable, and something that can easily feed me all week long. This simple three bean salad recipe does exactly that.
Time You Need
- 15 minutes
What You Need
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained & dried
- 1 can of red kidney beans, drained & dried
- 1 can of great northern beans, drained & dried
- 1 lime (to squeeze over beans)
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 sweet white onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
What You’ll Do
- Add all three varieties of beans to a large bowl.
- Then add seasonings, olive oil, garlic, onion, freshly-squeezed lime juice, and vinegar.
- Mix evenly.
- Place in a large air-tight container, and enjoy all week long.