A burger inspired by buffalo wings!
Here’s a simple recipe for baked buffalo burgers using ground chicken and buffalo sauce. It’s partially inspired by some past recipes of Buffalo Chicken Meatballs and the Honey Mustard Chicken Burgers, combining both delicious ideas into another delicious buffalo flavored masterpiece.
Recipe Notes: Feel free to use your favorite wing sauce (I went with classic Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce). And serve with your favorite burger toppings. Some buffalo wing combos include ranch, blue cheese crumbles or sauce, and pickles!
Time You Need
- 15 minutes prep
- ~35 minutes cooking
- Yields: About 6-7 patties
What You Need
- 2 pounds of lean ground chicken
- 1/2 sweet onion, minced
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 ½ cups of plain panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 egg, whisked
- ½ cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp Ranch seasoning
- 1 cup buffalo hot wing sauce (Plus more for topping the burger)
- For serving: Buns, pickles, mozzarella slices, sliced onions,
What You Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet or two with wax paper.
- In a small bowl, combine seasonings thoroughly.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ground chicken, onion and garlic.
- Then mix in spices.
- Next, add bread crumbs, baking powder, egg, shredded mozzarella, and buffalo sauce.
- Mix ingredients thoroughly, but handle gently.
- Divide mixture into equal portions and shape into patty discs.
- Then place on the wax paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat until all patties are made. Then place baking sheet in oven.
- Cook for 15 minutes, then remove and flip patties. Cook for another 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- It’s optional, but feel free to broil on high for 2-3 minutes on each side to achieve a nice crispy exterior.
- Serve on buns with extra buffalo sauce and desired toppings.