The addictively delicious taste of buffalo chicken wrapped inside a taco.
Every time I’ve had a buffalo chicken taco at a bar or restaurant, it’s always the boneless wing bites, with way too much breading tossed in sauce. And while it’s not bad, I wanted something that more closely resembles a classic taco. So I went with ground chicken.
I know the leanness of ground chicken (and turkey too) can be sort of bland. But that’s also not a bad thing. It means the meat can take on a lot of the flavors you add to it. So it enhances the flavor of buffalo wing goodness, I used a secret ingredient beyond buffalo sauce. Ready for it? I seasoned the ground chicken with some Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning. The result was that it closely replicates the flavor of a classic buffalo chicken dip, and created a savory taco meat filling.
Other notes: Feel free to top with whatever taco toppings you like. I went with fresh diced mozzarella pearls and homemade slaw. But you could experiment with regular shredded mozzarella, some blue cheese crumbles, and whatever else. Just don’t forget the extra buffalo sauce to spice up your taco even more!
Time You Need
- 5 Minutes prep
- ~15-20 minutes cooking
- Yields: ~8-10 small tacos
What You Need
- 2 pounds of ground chicken
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- ~1/2 cup Frank’s Redhot Buffalo Wing Sauce (plus more for serving)
- 1 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ packet of Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning (or more for taste)
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Tortillas for serving
- Desired taco toppings: Shredded lettuce, coleslaw, more hot sauce, blue cheese crumbles, or shredded mozzarella
What You Do
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add about ½ of the diced onion (saving the rest for topping the tacos) and minced garlic. Cook for 5 minutes and then add ground chicken. Brown and cook chicken thoroughly (~12 minutes). Feel free to toss the chicken with some salt and pepper as well.
- Remove from heat. Stir in ranch seasoning packet, chicken broth, cayenne pepper and 1/2 cup of the buffalo sauce. Bring to a simmer, and then cover, and cook over low heat for another 5 minutes or so.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Serve over warm tortillas with any desired taco toppings.