Banana for Butterfingers.
We’re back with another twist on banana-based nice cream. This time around, the banana nice cream recipe draws inspiration from a Culver’s classic – the concrete mixer – by adding a generous mix of Butterfinger pieces for a decadent summer treat.
For a quick refresh or those not familiar with the term – nice cream is essentially a plant-based “healthier” ice cream. In this case, the plant portion is banana, which definitely elevates any smoothie with an ice cream-like consistency. The addition of almond butter really seals the deal, by adding a rich, fat component to really match the consistency of soft serve ice cream. The best part is, it’s a super simple summer recipe, requiring just some pantry staples – and butterfingers!
Explore some other fun flavor options below!
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Freezer: 1-2 hours
- Total time: 2.5 hours
- Yields ~4 servings
- ~3 cups of frozen diced bananas
- 1/2 cup of vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ~1 cup of crushed Butterfinger pieces
What you’ll do
- In a blender or food processor, add all ingredients, minus the butter finger pieces. Blend until the ingredients form a smooth purée, similar to soft serve ice cream.
- Scoop into a container, stir in the butter finger pieces, then cover. Let rest in the freezer for about a half hour or more. Remove, scoop, serve and enjoy!