Savory baked cabbage seasoned in a garlic and steak rub.
Here’s an updated version of the OG cabbage steak recipe — this time with even more steaky flavor! It utilizes the same delicious olive oil and flavorful garlic spread, and then adds the savory flavor of steak seasoning + onion powder to spice things up. Like the original recipe, it’s great as a weeknight dinner side dish, or if you are in the mood for a whole lotta cabbage, then it’s a delicious idea for a savory dinner entree.
Time You’ll Need
- ~10 minutes prep
- ~45 minutes cooking
What You’ll Need
- 1 large head of cabbage
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- ~15 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Steak Seasoning, to taste
- Onion powder, to taste
What You’ll do
- Add the olive oil, vinegar, garlic cloves, garlic powder, and salt to a food processor or blender. Puree them all together until it reaches a smooth consistency. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a pan with foil and cooking spray.
- Wash cabbage thoroughly. Then cut the thick part of the stem from the bottom of the cabbage off and discard.
- Slice the cabbage into about 1-inch thick pieces.
- Brush the tops of each slice of cabbage with the garlic puree and season generously with steak seasoning and onion powder.
- Bake for around 40-45 minutes, just until the edges of the cabbage begin to brown.
- For extra crispy cabbage, broil on high for 3-4 minutes, but make sure to watch diligently for any burning.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
- Optional: Top with some fresh parmesan cheese for an extra savory treat.