Sometimes simple is best.
Meet the Farmer’s Market pizza – more of a concept than a step-by-step recipe, this pizza celebrates simplicity and fresh ingredients. It’s a perfect way to make use of fresh cherry tomatoes, which is what we did using a mix from our haul at the local farmer’s market and our own backyard garden.
The fresh tomatoes and basil are a match made in heaven with the fatty, salty crisp bits of prosciutto. Drizzle with a bit of lemon and olive oil or in an indulgence balsamic glaze for a refined weeknight dinner.
- Prep: ~10 minutes
- Cooking:~ 15 minutes
- Yields: 2-3 servings
- ~ 1 pound of pizza dough
- ~1 cup of diced cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1 cup of fresh basil
- 1/2 cup of shaved parmesan
- 2-4 slices of prosciutto, sliced into thin strips
- ~1 tbsp balsamic glaze
What you’ll do
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Roll your pizza dough out as flat as you can get it. The thinner the better for a thin crust-style pizza.
- Top the dough with the ricotta cheese and spread evenly over the dough using a spoon.
- Then top with fresh tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the top with shaved parmesan and layer on the slices of prosciutto.
- Place the pizza dough on a pizza stone or pan, and bake for about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven top with fresh chopped basil and drizzle on balsamic glaze. Let cool before slicing. Serve and enjoy!