An affinity for food is a defining Terranova trait.
When my sister snapchatted her latest creation it instantly captured my curiosity. It’s the perfect dive bar style snack that still keeps a semblance of healthiness. I think the first time I had buffalo cauliflower bites was with my sister on the 2019 Terranova Train Wreck tour at one the places we stopped (though theirs were fried, so again, these are healthy!)
So here I am recreating it. Although, I did tweak her recipe just a bit by making these buffalo bites beer battered, and upping the heat level with some cayenne powder.
While my buffalo bites didn’t come as picturesque or professional looking as hers, they were (I’m assuming) just as delicious. I’d recommend topping with either blue cheese crumbles, or using ranch or blue cheese dressing as a dipping sauce.
Time You Need
- ~15 minutes prep
- ~40 minutes cooking
What You Need
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cups of beer of choice
- ~1 cup of buffalo sauce of choice
What You Do
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Cut and core cauliflower, removing any large stems to create small, bite-sized florets.
- Take the flour, seasonings, and beer and mix together in a large mixing bowl to form a batter.
- Dip each piece of cauliflower in the batter, making sure to thoroughly coat.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, and grease. Place battered cauliflower on baking sheet.
- Repeat steps for the rest of the cauliflower.
- Bake at 20 minutes, then remove from oven. Toss cauliflower in buffalo wing sauce, then place back on baking sheet.
- Bake for another 20 minutes. Remove and let cool for five minutes or so before serving.
- Serve with blue cheese or more hot sauce for dipping!