It’s buffalo wings in the shape of a ball.
My wife’s Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are an ideal anytime meal. They’re perfect as a party appetizer, a protein-packed option for lunch, or for dinner, served on a hoagie with even more cheese and buffalo sauce to make a buffalo chicken meatball sub.
Recipe Notes: The setup is almost identical to regular meatballs, albeit a few obvious ingredient swaps. While we baked ours, you could also get away with cooking them on a stovetop or in a slow cooker as well.
Time You Need
- ~10 minutes prep
- ~20 minutes cooking
- Yields: ~ 20 meat balls
What You Need
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 cup of diced yellow onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ cups of plain panko breadcrumbs
- 1 3/4 cups of buffalo sauce
- Blue cheese or ranch for dipping
What You Do
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ground chicken, panko, garlic salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, then egg and onions. Finally, add in ¾ cup of buffalo sauce.
- Mix ingredients thoroughly.
- Then, line a baking sheet with foil and grease.
- Begin forming ingredients into small donut sized meatballs and place on a baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes, then remove and flip meatballs.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. And let cool.
- Then place in a large bowl and toss in another cup of buffalo sauce.
- Top with any desired toppings and serve!