Taking veggie pizza to a whole new meaning.
Here’s a quick weeknight recipe for a low-carb pizza that doesn’t hold out on flavor. Using halved poblano peppers as the crust, simply fill your peppers with your favorite pizza sauce, some parmesan and mozzarella, and then your favorite toppings. I opted for spicy pepperonis and banana peppers, but feel free to mix it up with whatever you’re craving.
I also chose poblanos for their perfect pizza shape. I mean, doesn’t it just look like the ideal slice? But again, use your imagination here. I’m sure you could stuff a bell pepper with just as much pizza ingredients if you’d wanted. Enjoy!
Time You Need
- 10 minutes prep
- ~20 minutes cooking
- Yields: 4 pepper pizzas
What You Need
- 2 poblano peppers, washed, seeded and halved
- ~ 1 1/2 cups of marinara or pizza sauce
- 1 cup of grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- ~10 pepperonis
- 1/2 cup of diced onion
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ~1/2 cup of sliced banana peppers
What You Do
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a small skillet, add some olive oil and sauté onions and garlic for about 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat and set to the side.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Place the 4 peppers down on the baking sheet.
- Fill each pepper with garlic, onions, and about 4 tablespoons of pizza sauce.
- Then top with parmesan and mozzarella.
- Next, top with pepperoni slices and banana pepper slices.
- Sprinkle garlic powder over each pepper pizza.
- Then place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until cheese is golden brown.