Just in time for St. Patrick’s Day! Reuben Nachos!
Drunk people rejoice! What better way to soak up green beer than taking a savory and sauerkraut stuffed sandwich and turning it into the perfect handheld, bite-sized food.
Time You’ll Need
- ~15 prep
- ~15 cook
What You’ll Need
- *Rye Bagel chips or slice a loaf of rye bread up, then quarter each slice and toast them.
- 1/2 lb corned beef or pastrami, sliced into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups sauerkraut, drained and dried
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tbsp horseradish
- ~2/3 cup Thousand island dressing
- 1 cup sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ~ 20 pickle slices, diced
What You’ll Do:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- On a greased baking sheet, evenly spread out the rye chips.
- In a bowl, mix swiss cheese, sauerkraut, horseradish, Worcestershire, chopped onions, pickles, and corned beef. Spoon the mixture evenly over the layer of rye chips.
- Bake for about ~10-15 minutes, till cheese is melted and corned beef starts to curl.
- Drizzle thousand island over the nachos, and bake for another ~3-5 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!