An(extra) sweet treat.
Looking to beat the heat this summer? Here’s a fun snack idea for those hazy, hot summer days that only involves a few simple ingredients and even fewer steps.
This sour grape recipe features juicy green grapes dipped in lime juice and then coated in a variety of powdered gelatin mixes. The best part is you can mix and match according to your sweet tooth cravings. I opted for a cherry lime, blue raspberry, and watermelon variety. You can also go sugar-free to cut your teeth and waistline a little slack.
Eat them as is – or pop them in the freezer for a few hours for a sweet little snack to cool off!
One note on these: if you have toothpicks handy – use them to dip the grapes in the powder and save yourself the trouble of sticky fingers.
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Freezer: 1-2 hours
- Total time: 2.5 hours
- Yields ~4 servings
- 3-4 cups of green grapes
- 4 tbsp lime juice, fresh squeezed or store-bought lime juice
- 3-5 ounces of your choice of jello flavor (sugar-free or regular)
What you’ll do
- In a large bowl, add lime juice.
- Then add gelatin mix to a smaller separate bowl.
- Add grapes to lime juice, and coat evenly.
- Then, working one at a time, grab a grape and roll in the gelatin powder.
- Continue to dunk, roll, and repeat for the rest of the grapes.
- Take a piece of parchment paper and cover a baking sheet. Add grapes to the parchment paper/baking sheet and place in the freezer for two hours.
- Serve and enjoy!