The ultimate all-in-one Thanksgiving smorgasbord.
What happens if you take all the incredible flavors of Thanksgiving and combine them into one delicious meal like some sort of mad scientist? You get Thanksgiving burgers.
These patties are made with ground turkey, celery, onion, and classic stuffing, baked to a crispy perfection and then gently bedded on a bun coated in cranberry sauce and gravy. It’s comfort, convenience, all wrapped in a handheld burger.
Serve with some mashed potatoes and green beans and you’ve got an easy Thanksgiving feast. And while you can take the easy way out with store-bought cranberry sauce, I highly recommend making your own. Here’s a holiday spiced version for some quick inspiration. One last note, while this recipe calls for baking the burgers, if you have a grill ready, fire it up and try grilling these giant bird-stuffed burgers!
Time You Need
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cooking: ~35 minutes
- Yields: 6-7 burgers
What You Need
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 package chicken-flavored dry bread stuffing mix, smashed into a fine crumb
- 2 tsp of hidden valley ranch seasoning
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 (16 oz) can cranberry sauce (or homemade!)
- 1/2 cup gravy (Homemade or store-bought) + more for topping the burger
- Hamburger buns of choice
What You Do
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large skillet, heat some oil over medium heat and stir in onions and celery. Cook for 7 minutes or so, until the onions soften. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ground turkey, onion, celery, egg, stuffing mix, ranch seasoning, baking powder, and ½ cup of gravy.
- Mix ingredients together and then shape into even patties.
- Place patties on a greased baking sheet and transfer to the oven. Bake turkey burgers for 15 minutes. Then flip, and cook for another 15 minutes.
- While patties cook, heat gravy in a small saucepan.
- Once patties are done baking remove from oven and let cool. Serve on buns and top with a spoonful of gravy and cranberry sauce.