Po. Tay. Toes.
What’s better than a nice, fully loaded baked potato? A potato that is twice-baked. This recipe is comfort level taken to the 100th degree. It features baked potato that’s generously mixed with ricotta cheese, sharp cheddar, swiss, chives, shallots, and savory seasonings like beef bouillon for a bit of meatiness in each bite.
And if that’s not enough, it’s then topped with Gruyere and baked a second time, until the cheese turns to a crispy golden crust for a baked potato experience that is simply, *chef’s kiss*
All in all, it’s an easy weeknight or lazy dinner recipe that requires an equal amount of cheese, appetite, and time.
Time You Need
- 30 minutes prep
- 1 hour 30 minutes baking
What You Need
- 4 large Russet potatoes, washed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup of light ricotta
- 1/4 cup of buttermilk
- 1/2 cup of diced chives
- 1/2 cup of diced shallots
- 1/2 tsp beef bouillon powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsps black pepper
- 1/2 cup of shredded swiss
- 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 cup of shredded Gruyere cheese for topping
- ~2 tbsp olive oil
What You Do
- Preheat the oven to 400. Take potatoes and poke with a fork to vent. Then coat with olive oil and place foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour until soft.
- While potatoes are baking, heat olive oil over a skillet on medium heat. Add in diced shallots and sauté for ~10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once cool to touch, slice off about a quarter off the top of each potato lengthwise. Scoop out the potato filling into a bowl, and save the skin shells.
- In the bowl, add the ricotta cheese, butter, and seasonings and mix and mash. Add in the buttermilk as needed to create a nice creamy texture. Then stir in shredded swiss and cheddar, along with chives and shallots.
- Fill each skin with the mashed potato filling and top each potato with shredded Gruyere.
- Return to baking sheet and bake for another 25 minutes until cheese begins to melt and turn a golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool, then enjoy!