Here’s an easy recipe for a summer salad. It’s packed with great summer flavors and makes a welcome side dish to any backyard bbq.
The recipe is also very open to interpretation. Think of this as a base to build on and add other flavors as you see fit. Go crazy with it. Add shredded cheese, chili powder, or fresh bell peppers.
I like to mix and match the seasonings so it pairs well with the main dish. Which, when we ate this, was chicken breasts marinated in a honey chipotle sauce. So I added some extra black pepper and chipotle powder to the mix.
One last note. The longer you let everything sit to mingle & marinate, the better the flavor will be. So after you mix the salad, plan to let it rest, covered in the fridge for about 2 hours.
Time You’ll Need:
- 15 minutes prep
What You’ll Need:
- 3 ears of corn
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup of white wine vinegar
- Garlic powder
- 1 lime
- *Any other of your favorite seasonings
What You’ll Do:
- In a large pot, boil and cook the corn.
- When finished, cut the corn off the cob and place in a large bowl.
- Drain and dry chickpeas and add those to the bowl.
- Dice the avocado into small cubes and add the corn and chickpeas.
- Add the chopped onion, olive oil, vinegar, and salt/pepper (to taste).
- Add any other seasonings.
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze both halves over everything.
- Mix everything together and enjoy!