The magic of chocolate mint chip in banana-based ice cream.
All aboard the banana-based ice cream train! Similar to our Nutella Banana Ice Cream, this recipe uses bananas as a base for building your ice cream. Instead of the hazelnut goodness, we’re switching things up for something a little more traditional – mint chocolate chip flavor (just without the trademark green food coloring).
To help thicken things up, this recipe incorporates a bit of almond milk and butter to the blended bananas, and then mixes in some peppermint extract for that fresh kick of mint, along with the sweetness of milk chocolate chips. And if you are looking for a little color, you can go ahead and add a few drops of green food coloring to make it all the more authentic.
Time You Need
- 5 minutes prep
- ~30 minutes resting
- Yields: 2-3 servings
What You Need
- ~3 cups of frozen diced bananas
- 1/2 cup of vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup of milk chocolate chips
- 1/8 tsp of peppermint extract
What You Do
- In a blender or food processor, add all ingredients. Blend until the ingredients form a smooth purée, similar to soft serve ice cream.
- Scoop into a container or bowl and cover. Let rest in the freezer for about a half hour or more. Remove and serve with desired toppings. Enjoy!