Quesadillas are one of the quintessential late night drunk/bar foods. They’re cheap, cheesy, and a satisfy that craving brought
on after copious amounts of alcohol.
But quesadillas can also have class. And they don’t have to be just a cheesy tortilla late night mess. Here’s a great anytime recipe that jazzes up the quesadilla, while still staying true to its classic qualities.
I opted for buying pre-made pulled pork, mainly because of time constraints, but making your own pulled pork would only add on to the deliciousness. So I’m all for it. Also, feel free to choose your favorite flavor of bbq sauce or salsa to dip the quesadillas in. I went the sweet/spicy mix of a honey chipotle and it played perfectly with the savory sweet combo of pineapple pork.
Time you’ll need:
- 5 minutes prep
- ~8 minutes cooking
- Yields ~3 full quesadillas
What You’ll Need:
- 6 flour tortillas
- 12 oz pre-made pulled pork (or homemade)
- 16 oz diced pineapple
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- ~4 oz shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Seasonings: cumin, salt, pepper, chili powder
What You’ll do:
- Preheat a well oiled skillet over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, add pulled pork, diced pineapples, green onion, dashes of cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Mix together.
- Scoop the pineapple pork mixture onto a tortilla, spreading evenly over the surface. Sprinkle a layer of cheese and close the tortilla with a second tortilla. Repeat for the other 2 quesadillas.
- Cook the quesadilla for a few minutes on each side, till crispy and slightly browned.
- Serve with your favorite bbq or salsa for dipping!