An ice cream concept inspired by a childhood favorite dessert.
Growing up, my mom’s seven-layer magic bars were a beloved dessert by all 8 of my siblings. So much so that after baking them, she would usually have to hide the magic bars in her room to avoid us eating them all in one sitting.
This banana-based ice cream is a nod to that delicious magic bar flavor. It incorporates a bit of almond flavor for the nuttiness, coconut flakes, and of course, butterscotch chips for the unmistakable sweet rich flavor. It’s a simple few step recipe that’s perfect for whipping up a weeknight bedtime snack in just minutes.
Explore other “nice” cream banana concepts:
Time You Need
- 5 minutes prep
- ~30 minutes resting
- Yields: 2-3 servings
What You Need
- ~3 cups of frozen diced bananas
- 1/2 cup of vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp caramel syrup
- 1 tbsp Almond butter
- 1/2 cup of butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup of coconut flakes
What You Do
- In a blender or food processor, add all ingredients, minus the coconut flakes and butterscotch chips. Save those for mixing in later. Blend until the ingredients form a smooth purée, similar to soft serve ice cream.
- Scoop into a container or bowl, top the butterscotch chips and the coconut flakes, and stir in, Cover and let rest in the freezer for about a half hour or more. Remove and serve with desired toppings. Enjoy!